Once again, we’re happy to bring you some of the most interesting, informative, and useful content from across the Web that focuses on WordPress, ExpressionEngine, and Magento.
WordPress and Blogging
- PostRunner: The Best Guest Blogging Platform Out There – Accepting and vetting guest blog posts can be a bit of a chore. PostRunner is a WordPress plugin that makes the process much more efficient.
- The 5 Best Features in WordPress JetPack – Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com and primary driver behind developing the WordPress platform, has been dishing out a bevy of new features and tools.
- What Friedrich Nietzsche Can Teach You About Using WordPress Plugins – This deserves to be included just for the bizzarre juxtaposition in the headline. What’s next: “Plato’s Thoughts on the Ideal Guest Blog Article?” or “Kierkegaard: Why Pseudonymity Will Prevail Over AuthorRank.”
- The Ultimate Checklist to Setting Up a New WordPress Blog –
- The Ultimate Checklist to Setting Up a New WordPress Blog – There are tools that bloggers should use that can help their site. Here is an ultimate checklist to setting up a new WordPress Blog.
- Grow Your Blog Community Using 4 Models Of Public Relations – So you have blog but how do you grow your readership?
- How to Build Customer Loyalty in WordPress with Gamification – Creating a business website with WordPress is easy, bringing visitors is a bit difficult, but keeping those visitors engaged and converting them into loyal customers is the hardest part.
- Check Out the New Media Manager in WordPress – WordPress.com users were greeted with a new Media Manager over the weekend.
- 3 Amazing interviews with people who make a living using WordPress – I’m going to build a web show based around interviewing folks who make a living using WordPress. They are designers, developers, marketers, SaaS leaders, and even small business owners that have a WordPress powered site.
- New WordPress Pinterest Plugin Lets You Make “Quote Images” – Everyone knows Pinterest is all about images, but what some don’t realize is that some of the most popular images on Pinterest are actually images of quotations. In fact, there is a whole category devoted to “Quotes.”
- Top 10 WordPress Plugins We Use – Here are our Top 10 WordPress Plugins that we use in our site designs.
Magento and eCommerce
- 5 Common Ecommerce Website Mistakes – You can make your ecommerce website a huge success by following a right strategy. There are some common mistakes that you need to avoid.
- Ecommerce web design: 20 essential tips – Ecommerce web design is about making the journey to the checkout as quick and easy as possible. Follow these 20 expert tips to build ecommerce websites customers will love.
- Magento Rules Ecommerce Community – October 2012 survey of the top one million sites (in Alexa) puts into perspective just how popular Magento, the ecommerce platform within Ebay’s X.Commerce platform), has become.
- Magento: Overriding Template File from Custom Module – I have created a new custom module that adds some functionality to Customer Account section on frontend. Now, I need to edit the Customer Account Edit template.
- 12 Tips for Optimizing SEO on Your Magento E-Commerce Site – It’s well known that, as far as e-commerce platforms go, Magento is one of the most search-engine friendly systems.
- Developer’s Toolbox: Creating Custom Category Pages in Magento – Would you like to cater to different audiences in the same Magento store? Do you need a quick way to differentiate categories using Magento development? This blog will walk you through the steps of making a custom category page in Magento.
- Happy Content Publishing with ExpressionEngine – Make publishing content in ExpressionEngine a treat for your clients AND cut back on unnecessary clutter in their control panels.
- ExpressionEngine Safecracker forms and reCaptcha – ExpressionEngine allows the creation of content entries through an interface I create with the aid of Safecracker. Safecracker is one of its template modules that allows me to wrap the HTML form for the content inside it. Safecracker and ExpressionEngine can handle the server-side validation of the user’s data and perform the appropriate inserts into the database.
- ExpressionEngine on StackExchange – The new ExpressionEngine site on Exchange is now in beta! Let’s help make it a great resource for all EE users and developers.
- A Review and Overview of HelpDesk by Krea – An in-depth overview of HelpDesk, a new customer support add-on for ExpressionEngine.
And finally, have you ever wanted a lamp that shines itself in your face automatically and turns itself back on when you turn it off? Neither have we, but this video is a cool demonstration of the potential for interacting with household objects. Not quite Jarvis, but we might be on the way.Posted in: Monthly Roundups