June was a big month for the Nexcess team. We started off the month at IRCE in Chicago and just got back from Magento Live UK and eTail Europe in time for the beginning of summer. Oh yeah, Sentry 2 Factor Authentication Module for Magento is now open source!
Check out June’s best posts from around the web below. If you’re looking for the same great articles the rest of the year, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Enjoy and let us know if we missed anything important in the comment section.
WordPress and Blogging
- A Look At The Modern WordPress Server Stack – Do you remember when you could run a “fast” WordPress website with just an Apache server and PHP? Yeah, those were the days! Things were a lot less complicated back then.
- 7 Reasons You Should Redesign Your Small Business Website in WordPress – Your website serves as the digital storefront for your business. If it doesn’t look appealing, load quickly or even have a mobile version, customers are going to keep walking.
- The Ultimate Guide to WordPress Caching – As a savvy website owner, I’m certain you understand how important it is for your website to load quickly. And if you run your website on WordPress, you’ve probably at least heard of the need for caching plugins before.
- 46 Snackable SEO Tips for WordPress Bloggers – Building a site that search engines not only love but positively crave is no easy feat. It takes dedication and it takes time. But ignore the importance of SEO and you might as well be banging your head against a brick wall. Because without those high search engine rankings? Well, no one’s going to find your site, your content or your hard work.
- Does Your WordPress Business Site Really Need A Blog? – You have a WordPress lead generation site you’re happy with. It does a good job of advertising your business and the services it offers. A trickle of leads visit your site, and some of them fill in a contact form. Everything seems to be going well.
- Is ExpressionEngine Good at SEO? – In any group of enthusiasts there are classic debates that rage on year after year. Content Management Systems (CMS) are no different. Any time the topic of “What CMS to Use?” comes up, enthusiasts of different products immediately start pitching in on why their favorite CMS would be a better choice.
- Stash: The Right Way – A workshop at GeeUp conference in Leiden, May 2016.
- ExpressionEngine 3.4.0 Developer Preview – Developers now have their hands on a preview of ExpressionEngine 3.4.0. The primary reason for a developer preview is a new feature available to third-party developers: custom control panel menus.
- EEHUB – If you’re looking to keep up with the best ExpressionEngine content through the month, sign up for the EEHUB newsletter.
Magento and eCommerce
- An Interview with the CEO of Magento, Mark Lavelle – Last month at Shoptalk, I had the pleasure of interviewing the CEO of Magento, Mark Lavelle. After establishing independence from eBay last year Magento rose to the number one commerce platform with 29.8% market share among the 30 most popular eCommerce platforms.
- Introducing Ask the Magento Experts – At Shoppimon we get a lot of questions on a wide range of Magento topics from our customers, partners and the Magento community. And while we’re always happy to share all we know on a given topic, we figure it’s sometimes best to just hear it straight from an expert.
- Online Shoppers Want Delivery Faster, Cheaper, Survey Shows – Online shoppers who are already pushing retailers to give more for less are about to get even more demanding, a new survey shows.
- Magento 2 — How the Community is Shaping the New Generation of the eCommerce Platform – The opportunity to meet top Magento folks doesn’t occur but once in a while, but when it does, there is a great chance to get an exclusive backstage sneak peek and learn the industry insights. Such was the case, when I connected with Ben Marks, Magento Evangelist and Trainer.
- How to Handle Magento Maintenance on Logs, Caches, and Indexes – There is a lot of confusion of how to run regular maintenance on logs, caches, and indexes in Magento. Most of it stems from applying maxims from the past to today. In the past, server storage space was at a premium – and offsite storage required tape backups to handle the quantity of data.
- Magento Enterprise Edition 2.1 Unleashes the Power of Marketers and Merchandisers – Behind every great shopping experience is a team of innovative marketers and merchandisers. They optimize website content, merchandise products, and create awesome marketing campaigns and promotions.
— Miguel Balparda (@mbalparda) June 3, 2016
To end this month, we leave you with a little bit of humor as Doom meets Jerry Seinfeld’s apartment.Posted in: Monthly Roundups