Have you caught your breath after the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales rush yet? Dig deep, records are already being set and the holiday shopping season has just begun. In other news, ExpressionEngine rolled out a spiffy new site. We like it. We like it a lot. We know you’re all busy, so we won’t bloviate any longer. Without further ado, get into the best from November below, and if you’re looking for the same great articles the rest of the year, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Enjoy and let us know if we missed anything important in the comment section.
WordPress and Blogging
- How Can You Tell When Your WordPress Site Has Been Hacked – WordPress is the foundation of a large chunk of the web, which makes it an obvious target for criminals and hackers.
- That Time I Brought Down Millions of WordPress Sites – I’m going to take you guys back to a time when I was doing some client work. I was at the time working on becoming a somebody in the WP Dev community.
- Automattic Clarifies .blog Landrush Process After Bait and Switch Allegations – Earlier this year, Knock Knock Whois There LLC, an Automattic subsidiary in partnership with Primer Nivel, won an auction for around $19 million dollars to offer top-level .blog domains. On August 18th, an email was sent to users who signed up to Dotblog.WordPress.com notifying them that they could apply and secure a .blog domain name before November 21st.
- Hacking 27% of the Web via WordPress Auto-Update – At Wordfence, we continually look for security vulnerabilities in the third party plugins and themes that are widely used by the WordPress community. In addition to this research, we regularly examine WordPress core and the related wordpress.org systems.
ExpressionEngine & Craft
- New Digs for ExpressionEngine.com – Welcome to the new site! We are thrilled to move ExpressionEngine back to its own domain and put the focus where it belongs: on the CMS our customers know and love.
- Why We’ve Fallen Head Over Heels for Craft CMS – When building a website, starting with the right platform is essential. After over a decade of building websites for clients, our team of designers and developers have tried and tested countless platforms. I’m very excited to announce that we’ve found a new, powerful CMS platform – one that we love so much that we’ve completely stopped recommending any other CMS platform.
- 6 Reasons to Choose ExpressionEngine Over WordPress – Does it really dominate its toughest opponent, WordPress, as the heavy-weight champion of the content management system world? In our opinion, the answer is yes.
- Publishing with Confidence – a Beginner’s Guide to Posting in ExpressionEngine – All of the presentations from EE Conference 2016 are available for purchase on video. Links to slides where available as well.
Magento and eCommerce
- An Open, Approachable Magento Community – Let’s be honest: for most of us, networking is a rather tough task to do, especially starting a conversation. When presented with the choice between catching up with familiar faces and introducing yourself to someone unknown to you, most of us opt for the easier option of catching up with friends.
- Welcoming People into the Magento Community – Sonja Riesterer recently wrote a piece called An Open, Approachable Magento Community: Are we as open and welcoming as we should be? She talked about how she spent some time at the Meet Magento Romania event connecting with a lot of great friends from the community, and had a great time with them.
- Ten Ideas to Fix Magento’s Reverse Brand Ambassadors – Ecommerce people have been making long hours, as more stores were hacked in 2016. Magento saw a rise of Shoplift and brute force attacks. Stores that follow best practices should not worry.
- Alibaba And Amazon Are In An E-Commerce Cold War For Asia, And Stakes Are High – Arguably, the most important e-commerce battle in the world right now is not between Amazon and Walmart or Amazon and the new wave of omnichannel players like Warby Parker and Dollar Shave Club. Rather, it’s the Cold War between Alibaba and Amazon.
- Cyber Monday Sales Totaled $3.45 Billion, Which Set a New Ecommerce Record – Cyber Monday is on track to set a new record with $3.39 billion spent online in the U.S., a 10.2 percent increase year-over-year, according to data released by Adobe tonight. That figure will represent the largest online sales day in history, per the software giant, narrowly edging last week’s Black Friday total of $3.34 billion.
- The Growth of Magento Shines at MagentoLive Australia 2016 – MagentoLive Australia 2016 marked a year of innovation and accomplishment for Magento as an independent company. We were grateful to be in Sydney sharing the year’s successes with over 500 members of the ecosystem. Thank you for joining us.
This month we’ll leave you with a look inside an Amazon Fulfillment Center on Cyber Monday.Posted in: Monthly Roundups