For those of you who are regular visitors to our roundup, things may look a bit different this month as we evolve the subject matter that the roundup will encompass. We will be adding a more encompassing section for Content Management Systems as well as a new Design and Development category. Hopefully, you will enjoy the expanded focus. In Nexcess news, we had a great time at ShopTalk 2017 and the team is ready to roll right into Magento Imagine (swag pictured) to start April. We hope to see you there! Without further ado, let’s jump right into the best from March below. If you’re looking for the same great articles the rest of the year, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Enjoy and let us know if we missed anything important in the comment section.
WordPress and Blogging
- How to Find the Perfect WordPress Theme – With all of the WordPress themes out there, it can be hard to find the perfect theme for your site. Edwin Toonen offers his advice in this post.
- The SEO Benefits of Using WordPress to Publish Your Content – SEO is vitally important to getting your content discovered. This post from Search Engine Watch looks at how WordPress can make SEO a bit easier.
- 6 SEO Friendly Tips to Improve Site Speed on WordPress Blogs – Site speed is everything these days. Just a couple seconds is the difference between a visitor staying and going. These tips will help you get your WordPress site moving.
- 7 Ways to Make WordPress Simpler for Users – Is WordPress too complicated for the average user? This post looks at how WordPress can be customized and simplified.
- Tech Conferences Are Plentiful, But WordPress Conferences Are Perfectly Placed – At Nexcess, we’re pretty much regulars on the conference circuit. This post looks at how WordPress is able to keep their conferences relevant with ten of thousands happening yearly in the tech community.
- Google Is Retiring Its WordPress AdSense Plugin – Are you a user of the popular WordPress AdSense plugin? It’s time to find an alternative. In this post from the Nexcess blog, we look at your options.
Content Management Systems
- Why Content Writers Love Craft CMS – Are you a writer? Are you familiar with Craft CMS? Caffeine Creations explains why Craft CMS is such a good fit for writers.
- ExpressionEngine 3.5.4 Released – This was marked as a critical patch release from ExpressionEngine in March. Make sure you’re up to date.
- Get More Leads From Your ExpressionEngine Site – Here are a handful of easy to implement updates to your EE site that will help your business generate more leads.
- Making Drupal Upgrades Easy Forever – Drupal is looking to make their upgrade process a bit more efficient and effective. Founder Dries Buytaert explains how this is going to happen.
- The Next Version of Joomla! is Just Around the Corner – Here’s a closer look at what to expect from the newest version of Joomla!, which is expected to be released in early April.
Design and Development
- A Theory of User Delight: Why Usability Is the Foundation for Delightful Experiences – Are you delighting your users? This post looks at why the designers need to understand the hierarchy of user needs before beginning the design process.
- The Unnecessary Fragmentation of Design Jobs – Are design jobs getting so specific that it’s having a negative impact on designers. This post looks at why you shouldn’t box yourself in.
- 2017 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results – With over 64,000 developers surveyed, there is just a ton of great info in the 2017 Stack Overflow Developer Survey.
Magento and eCommerce
- How to Find Trustworthy Information About Magento Extensions – There are a lot of great Magento extensions out there. There are also some not so great extensions out there. Fooman looks at how to navigate the Magento extension landscape.
- Top 10 Must-Dos at the 2017 Magento Imagine Conference – Are you headed to Magento Imagine 2017 this weekend in Las Vegas? Here’s a nice guide of things to do while you’re at the conference. #11: Visit Nexcess at booth #412.
- How hackers turned a Cape Cod Fishing Guide’s Site Into a Host for eCommerce Fraud – It’s a horrible feeling to have your website hacked. It’s an even more horrible feeling to not know your website has been hacked. Here’s a cautionary tale.
- The Future Of The Instant Gratification Economy – People want what they want and they want it right now. That’s the world we’re living in. Peter Sheldon, Magento’s VP of Strategy, looks at what this means moving forward.
- Most Common Mistakes with Magento 2 Websites and How to Avoid Them – Have you made the move to Magento 2 yet? In this post, Space 48 looks the potential pitfalls and offers advice for how to avoid them.
- 3 Ecommerce Trends To Watch In 2017 – In a post for YFS Magazine, we look at how eCommerce will evolve in the year ahead.
This month we leave you with the future of food delivery. Robots. Until it’s drones again.Posted in: Monthly Roundups