With Summer fully underway, we know you don’t have time to spend seeking out all the important industry news and the best content on the internet. That’s what our roundup is for. In July, we had some roundup worthy news of our own. We are proud to introduce WooCommerce optimized plans on our hosting platform. Along with this new offering, you’ll notice that we have expanded our WordPress section of the roundup to now include WooCommerce. With that news out of the way, we’ll let you jump right into the roundup. If you’re looking for the same great articles the rest of the year, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Enjoy and let us know if we missed anything important in the comment section.
WordPress and WooCommerce
- How to Build your WooCommerce Store to Last – Getting started with a new WooCommerce store? Nicole Kohler offers her tips to building a strong foundation in this post on the PayPal blog.
- 15 Free WooCommerce Extensions, to Extend and Enhance – Everyone likes free. Here are 15 free WooCommerce extensions vetted by Practical Ecommerce.
- Your WordPress Plugins Might Be Silently Losing Business Data – Brett Exnowski discovered that many WordPress plugins are suffering from data loss. He takes a closer at what’s going on in this VentureBeat post.
- 40 Cheatsheets & Reference Guides for WordPress – If you’ve worked with WordPress a while, you’ll know there’s always something new to learn. Here’s a nice collection of resources.
- 5 New Things You Can Do with WordPress 4.8 – WordPress 4.8 came out in June. In this post, Elegant Themes takes a look at some of the best new features.
Content Management Systems & Blogging
- A First Look at Joomla 4 – Joomla! 4.x is the next major version of the Joomla! CMS and is currently under development. Here’s an early look at what to expect.
- How To Select a Content Management System CMS – Looking for a new content management system? Here’s a nice rundown of your most popular options.
- How I Automate My Local Development Craft CMS 2.x Installs – Looking for a less arduous way to create a local development environment for Craft installs? Here’s how Tim Knight automated the process.
- Craft 3 Beta Update – The Craft 3 Beta is coming. Here’s an update on what to expect.
- ExpressionEngine Conference 2017 – ExpressionEngine Conference is coming up on October 12th and 13th in Denver. Get your tickets now!
Design and Development
- The 2017 Top Programming Languages – What’s the top programming language? Check out IEEE Spectrum’s fourth interactive rankings.
- The State of Developer Ecosystem in 2017 – JetBrains polled over five-thousand developers to get the current temperature of the industry. Here’s what they found.
- Flash Will Never Die – After years of early obituaries, Adobe announced an end of life date for Flash. In 2020. Here’s why Jason Koebler says Flash will never die.
- The World Doesn’t Want Your App – Think your business needs an app? This post will make you think long and hard before you make that investment.
Magento and eCommerce
- 5 AI Predictions that Could Reshape Commerce Marketing – For this post, Magento asked industry experts for their predictions on the future of AI marketing. Here’s what they said.
- How To Avoid Data Migration Issues When Replatforming to Magento 2 – Making the move from Magento 1 to Magento 2? Space 48 offers their advice on how to avoid data migration issues.
- 11 Customer-Centric Ways to Grow Your Ecommerce Revenue – Growing revenue is the goal of any online business. Here are some nice ways to do it without offending your customers.
- I Curated 230 Open Source Magento 2 Modules, Here’s What I Found – On a journey through 230 open source Magento 2 modules, Adam Johnson learned quite a bit. He shares his experiences here.
- How Chatbots are Helping eCommerce Evolve – Chatbots are all the rage right now. Here’s a look at the impact that they’re having on eCommerce.