Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Enjoy and let us know if we missed anything important in the comment section.Last month, the Nexcess team had a wonderful time participating in ExpressionEngine Conference 2017 and are already looking forward to next year. In other big news, the holiday season is here. We hope you planned ahead this year and your site is already optimized for the coming rush. Not ready yet? You’ll find some advice in this month’s roundup, but get on quickly. So, without further ado, we’ll let you jump right in. If you’re looking for the same great articles the rest of the year, follow us on
WordPress and WooCommerce
- An Alternative Approach to Gutenberg – Gutenberg is extremely important to the WordPress community. Is the project moving too fast thought? Yoast.com takes a closer look.
- Is WordPress Secure? – With the security of WordPress constantly being questioned, Brenda Barron answers the “Is WordPress secure?” question.
- What’s New in WooCommerce 3.2? – Here’s a closer look at the newest features in WooCommerce 3.2, including improved coupons and extension management.
- 13 Ways to Protect your WordPress from Hackers and Attackers – WordPress’ huge market share and user base make it an obvious target for cybercriminals. Here are some tips on how to protect your site.
- Running a Stable, Secure and Successful WooCommerce Website – Are you new to WooCommerce? This article has some great tips to make sure you store runs at peak capabilities.
Content Management Systems & Blogging
- 20 Principles for Craft CMS – In this nice post, Knut Melvær offers up his lessons learned after two years of developing for Craft CMS.
- Developer Preview Has Begun for ExpressionEngine 4! – Get excited, EE community! The ExpressionEngine 4 developer preview has arrived!
- Everything You Need to Know About Joomla 4 – Joomla! announced the next major Joomla release. Here’s a closer look at what you can expect in Joomla! 4.
Design and Development
- Planning for Accessibility – Incorporating accessibility from the beginning is going to be a lot easier than trying to incorporate it after the fact. Here’s why.
- 6 Pro Tips from React Developers – Are you new to React? Learn from the mistakes and experiences of those who have already been there.
- How Visual Web Development Can Change the Landscape of Web Design – Is less hard coding key to the future of web development? This post from The Next Web takes a closer look.
Magento and eCommerce
- How Magento 2 Decides If A Page Is Cacheable – In this post, Max Chadwick looks at why high page cache hit rate is so easy to mess up in Magento 2.
- 3 Ways Magento 2 Stands Out As A Fit For B2B Merchants – Is Magento 2 a good fit for B2B merchants? Nope. Pixafy explains why it’s a great fit.
- Migrating Magento 1 from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.0 – Case Study – PHP 5.6 support ends by the end of 2018. Are you ready to make the move on your Magento store? Here’s what you can expect.
- Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late – Learn How to Create Backups for Your M2 Store – We all know the importance of backups, but do we all follow through? Realistically you should backup your backup’s backups.
- 3 Strategies to Prepare for High Traffic This Holiday Season – The holidays are upon us. We hope you’ve taken time to prepare. If not, here are a few quick tips to get ready.