Now that we’re well into the New Year, let’s take a look at what’s been trending so far so we can stay on top of the game! Check out this month’s roundup and if you’re looking for the same great articles the rest of the year, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Enjoy and let us know if we missed anything important in the comment section.
WordPress and WooCommerce
- 11 of the Best WordPress Plugins for Taking Control of Visual Content – Find out how WordPress websites that contain more visual content statistically perform better.
- How to Install WordPress on a Virtual Private Server (VPS) – VPSs are a natural progression from shared hosting. Here’s a breakdown of what a VPS is and when you should consider using one.
- What’s new in WooCommerce Stripe 4.0: European payment gateways and a new credit card form – Discover a popular payment service provider that can enhance your WooCommerce shop experience.
- The Secret Tool For Your WooCommerce Store’s Backup Strategy Everyone Seems To Forget (Hint: It’s Not A Plugin) – When it comes to your WooCommerce store, backups are your fail-safe mechanisms in case things go awry and help you avoid major losses, explore a strategy that people seem to forget.
- 5 Legit Ways to Monetize Your WooCommerce Site – Learn to monetize, increase signups, and generate recurring profit to your WooCommerce store.
Content Management Systems & Blogging
- Two Ways You’re Hurting Your Blog’s Conversion Rate – Discover ways businesses are actively negating the opportunity that a blog presents and learn to build a conversion rate optimization strategy.
- Enhancing a Craft CMS 3 Website with a Custom Module – Enhance your Craft CMS 3 website with a Module lets you add custom functionality without resorting to using or writing a plugin.
- Top 3 CMS Comparison Guide – WordPress vs Joomla vs Drupal – Choosing a right CMS platform from the host of options that are available can be a tough task. Take a look at commonalities in each of these CMS as well as differences.
- Top Blogging Mistakes You Should Not Make in 2018 to Boost Conversions – If you’re a blogger, you probably have made or are still making few blogging mistakes in 2018 that might be stopping your content to get a good search engine rank.
Design and Development
- Visual Studio Code Can Do That? – Check out this list of tips, tricks, and extensions for VS Code that might leave you with the reaction of “VS Code can do that?!”
- How Dark UX Patterns Target the Most Vulnerable – Dark UX patterns help companies maximize profits, but at the expense of the most vulnerable, and by damaging the web for everyone.
- 10 Books Every Web Developer Should Read to Increase their Software IQ – The best thing you can do to improve as a developer is to read anything that will sharpen your speed and comprehension skills.
Magento and eCommerce
- eCommerce Company uses Artificial Intelligence to Improve their Value Chain – Learn how this company used machine learning to make recommendations for customers.
- How to Integrate Salsify with Magento – Get complete control over what information you transfer and what functions as a drop-in replacement for Magento’s product catalog with the comprehensive bridge between Salsify and Magento.
- ThirdLove Co-Founder: This Is How Big Data Is Changing E-Commerce – Take a look at how you can leverage data to benefit your customers experience.
- The Four Dashboards Digital B2B Merchants Should Be Watching – B2B companies can learn a thing or two when it comes to using data. Check out the top digital commerce dashboards.
- 5 Bold Predictions for E-Commerce Tech in 2018 – With the pace of innovation in ecommerce technology, predicting how retail tech will shake out in 2018 is the ultimate fool’s errand.