It’s time for our August Roundup! If you’re looking for the same great articles the rest of the year, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Enjoy and let us know if we missed anything important in the comment section.
WordPress and WooCommerce
- How to Manage Software Products on your WooCommerce Store – Take a look at WooCommerce extensions that will help you manage software products more effectively.
- WooCommerce: Set Custom Order Status for New Orders – See which PHP snippets you need in order to make this work.
- How to Automatically Publish from WordPress to Instagram – Going from WordPress to Instagram is maybe something you want to do, not only to increase your blog’s reach and get more life out of your content.
- Getting to Know Gutenberg – The New WordPress Editor – The only thing that website owners and marketers can do for the moment is look at the new content editor WordPress will have.
- Organizing WordPress Types, Views, and Subscribers – Check out this strategy to follow for building out aspects of a project that interfaces directly with WordPress. It may require a few components.
Content Management Systems & Blogging
- Symfony Flaw Leaves Drupal Sites Vulnerable to Hackers—Patch Now – Drupal has released a new version of its software to patch a security bypass vulnerability that could allow a remote attacker to take control of the affected websites.
- First Look at Live Demo of the Gutenberg Content Editor for Drupal 8 – The conference will host more than 1,600 Drupal professionals and enthusiasts for 162 hours of sessions and 9 in-depth workshops.
- A more sustainable framework for fiscal sponsorship of Drupal camps – They attract local developers, connect them with resources to learn how to use Drupal, and most importantly, they provide on-ramps into the community.
- 5 New Features You’ll See in Drupal 8.6 – Drupal 8.6 is the next major update. It’s not finished yet, but it is scheduled for release on September 5.
Design & Development
- A developer’s guide to web design for non-designers – A superb design isn’t necessarily the one with the most Dribbble upvotes.
- Design Trends for Fixed Navigation Menus in Web Design – Designing a navigation takes some careful planning. You need to think about what your users might look for and what type of nav would fit best in your layout.
- Time-saving CSS techniques to create responsive images –Sometimes, for some reasons, your images won’t fit the layout and you don’t want to wrap your head around this for hours.
Magento & eCommerce
- “Check It Twice” Tips For Holiday Success – Is your Magento store ready for the holiday shopping season? It’s not too early to look at the list of holiday eCommerce reminders you may need to to “check twice.”
- How to Prepare Your Loyalty Program for The Holiday Season – How do you plan on getting your loyalty program revved up this holiday? It’s definitely not too early to get started on Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
- How To Edit Magento 2 Customer Attributes Programatically – “This extension allows you to create a limitless number of custom attributes and get to know your customers better.”
- Creating a Magento 2 Extension – How to build a simple Magento 2 module.