It’s time for our September Roundup! If you’re looking for the same great articles the rest of the year, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Enjoy and let us know if we missed anything important in the comment section.
WordPress and WooCommerce
- WordPress 5.0 Beta 1 – “This software is still in development, so we don’t recommend you run it on a production site.”
- How To Use WordPress As A SaaS Platform – Can WordPress handle 500 million requests a month?
- WordPress team working on “wiping older versions from existence on the internet” – WordPress Security Team lead Aaron Campbell gave the public an insight into how the WordPress team has been addressing this issue for the past years.
- How to Save Abandoned Shopping Carts In WooCommerce – How to quickly boost your WooCommerce business sales by saving abandoned carts.
- WooCommerce 3.5 is here! – “3.5 is a ‘minor’ release; this version should be backwards compatible with sites running versions of WooCommerce greater than or equal to 3.0.”
Content Management Systems & Blogging
- New Drupalgeddon Attacks Enlist Shellbot to Open Backdoors – Researchers are warning of a new wave of cyberattacks targeting unpatched Drupal websites that are vulnerable to Drupalgeddon 2.0.
- Researchers are warning of a new wave of cyberattacks targeting unpatched Drupal websites that are vulnerable to Drupalgeddon 2.0. – “A remote attacker could exploit some of these vulnerabilities to take control of an affected system.”
- Drupal Core – Multiple Vulnerabilities – SA-CORE-2018-006 – The following changes have been made to content moderation which may have implications for backwards compatibility.
- Drupal dev team fixed Remote Code Execution flaws in the popular CMS – Drupal team fixed a critical vulnerability that resides in the Contextual Links module, that fails to properly validate requested contextual links.
Design & Development
- The 2018 React Developer Roadmap – You Guide to become a Modern Web Developer – “React is has grown by leaps and bounds in recent years and became the de-facto library for component-based GUI development.”
- Useful tips to help you create good habits as a web developer – “This article is aimed at junior developers, but may interest anyone as a bank of useful tips on how to grow some good habits.”
- 10 React JS Articles Every Web Developer Should Read – How do you learn React? Where should you start? Learn from this list.
Magento & eCommerce
- After its acquisition, Magento starts integrating Adobe’s personalization and analytics tools – The company announced the first set of integrations that bring the analytics and personalization features of Adobe’s Experience Cloud to Magento’s Commerce Cloud.
- This new partnership will give Magento brands and merchants direct access to Yotpo’s commerce marketing cloud. – “With this partnership, Magento brands and merchants will gain direct access to our complete user-generated content solution, including reviews, visual marketing, loyalty, referrals, and consumer insights — everything they need to win in a customer-centric world.”
- Magecart hackers change tactic and target vulnerable Magento extensions – The gang hit several major platforms, including British Airways, Newegg, Ticketmaster, and Feedify.
- Magento Introduces the Mobile Optimization Initiative for Merchants – “To help retailers tackle the mCommerce gap, the Magento Community, led by technology partners PayPal and HiConversion, today launched the Mobile Optimization Initiative.”