It’s time for our monthly roundup! If you’re looking for the same great articles the rest of the year, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Enjoy and let us know if we missed anything important in the comment section.
WordPress and WooCommerce
- WordPress sites under attack via zero-day in abandoned plugin – The zero-day affects all versions of Total Donations, a commercial plugin that site owners have bought from CodeCanyon over the past years.
- Former employee blamed for hack of WordPress plugin maker –Those vulnerabilities were said to have led to the compromise of two of the email sender’s sites.
- WordPress Names Josepha Haden New Executive Director, Joost de Valk Marketing and Communications Lead – “These new roles better distribute project leadership to more individuals who have demonstrated the ability and judiciousness to guide large, diverse teams towards success.”
- Gutenberg Phase 2 to Update Core Widgets to Blocks, Classic Widget in Development – “Gutenberg phase 2 development is underway and one of the first orders of business is porting all existing core widgets to blocks.
- WordPress.com Secures $2.4 Million in Funding from Google and Partners to Build a Publishing Platform for News Organizations – “Automattic and Google have joined with other contributing partners from the broader world of journalism for a total of $2.4 million in funding for the first year of the project.”
Content Management Systems & Blogging
- “The Linux of social media”—How LiveJournal pioneered (then lost) blogging – “It was just the Enter button. My early LiveJournal posts were stuff like ‘going downstairs to get a Coke,’ or ‘I’m bored.’ It was very much like early Twitter.”
- 7 Steps To Create A Successful, Profitable Blog – First things first – you should be blogging and powering your Twitter with blog content.
- 5 Timeless Ways to Earn Your Audience’s Time and Attention – Here are five ways to create content that escapes invisibility — five ways to create content that’s worth seeing.
- 13 Steps to Fail Miserably at Blog Writing – Most don’t follow the absolute basic rules of digital content creation.
Design & Development
- 10 amazing new CSS techniques – New CSS properties and entire specifications that are making their way into browsers.
- Cosmic JS wants to simplify web development, so you can focus on content – “We found that there was a huge bottleneck just installing and maintaining our own backend infrastructure management.”
Magento & eCommerce
- How to Optimize for Mobile Commerce and Boost Sales – Optimizing for mobile is a whole different beast. Here’s how to be successful with mobile.
- eCommerce SEO: How to Optimize Product Pages – What’s a resourceful eCommerce marketer to do for product pages?
- 5 Content Marketing Ideas for B2B eCommerce Sites – Here are some of the best of those ideas you can use to win in 2019.
- How to Use Video Marketing to Increase eCommerce Sales – Learn why you should use video marketing for your eCommerce business to sell more of your products online and increase awareness of your brand.