It’s time for our monthly roundup! If you’re looking for the same great articles the rest of the year, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Enjoy and let us know if we missed anything important in the comment section.
WordPress and WooCommerce
- Block Editor Now in Beta for WordPress Mobile Apps – “For this first version, our main focus was to build a pleasant writing experience with support for the most basic types of content.”
- Gatsby WordPress Themes Project Partners with Theme Shops to Port Popular Themes to Gatsby –“We are taking a distinctly different direction than the WordPress themes on the Gatsby themes repo currently.”
- Try the New WooCommerce Mobile App for Key Metrics, Order Look-Up, and Notifications – The new WooCommerce Mobile App puts WooCommerce in your pocket for at-a-glance metrics, notifications, and more.
- Millennials and Peer Recommendations – In 2019, millennials are looking to social sources for shopping inspiration.
- Block Management Features Proposed for WordPress 5.2 – One of the proposed features is block management, the ability for users to hide or turn off blocks that they are not using.
Content Management Systems & Blogging
- 5 Lessons You Can Learn From 1,000+ Bloggers to Improve Content – Here are the biggest takeaways you can learn from the 1,000+ bloggers surveyed to improve your content.
- 5 Things Successful Content Marketers Do to Make Sure Their Work Gets Read – “It may sound harsh but it seems most people are wasting their time either producing poor content or failing to amplify it.”
- 6 Reasons Your Ecommerce Site Needs a Blog Booster Shot – Just look at the different goals B2Cs achieved using content.
- Why All Great Marketing Contains the Power of the Placebo Effect – “The things we buy fulfill our expectations if belief and experience remain consistent, regardless of ‘reality.’”
Design & Development
- A Quick Primer on Managing Your Web-Development Tasks – Here are the typical stages of a web-development project and how you can reduce costs at each step.
- What Hooks Mean for Vue – “Hooks offer a more explicit way to think of reusable patterns — one that avoids rewrites to the components themselves and allows disparate pieces of the stateful logic to seamlessly work together.”
- The Many Ways to Change an SVG Fill on Hover (and When to Use Them) – We get tons of design control when using them inline. Learn now.
Magento & eCommerce
- Why Mobile Shoppers Prefer a Simplified Checkout Process – Merchants saw on average, an 8.6% increase in RPV by implementing optimizations to the checkout process.
- 3 Low-Cost Ways to Grow Your Small Business in 2019 – Here are 3 low-cost things you can do to build your business into everything you want it to be in 2019.
- Choosing the Best Magento Developer and Solutions Partner for Your eCommerce Website – “Partnering with one or more industry experts on your eCommerce site can help you manifest an engaging – and successful – online presence.”
- Statistics to Factor into Your 2019 eCommerce Marketing Strategy – This may help get you thinking about your eCommerce opportunities.