It’s time for our monthly roundup! If you’re looking for the same great articles the rest of the year, follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Enjoy and let us know if we missed anything important in the comment section.
WordPress and WooCommerce
- Harness the power of blocks with WooCommerce Bookings Availability – WooCommerce Bookings Availability is here.
- Introducing Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) Merchants accepting online payments will need to use two independent authentication methods to verify that a customer is who they say they are. This starts in September.
- Gutenberg 6.0 Adds Layout Picker to Columns Block – Gutenberg 6.0 gives users the ability to select from multiple predefined column options.
- WP Engine Acquires Flywheel – Both companies have vowed to keep customers in the loop of any potential changes to plans, services, or products.
- WooCommerce.com Clarifies Its Policy on Selling CBD Products – According to the guidelines, controlled substances are not allowed to be sold.
Content Management Systems & Blogging
- What is a soft 404 error and what to do about it? – A soft 404 error is a confusing error, so get it broken down.
- How to craft the perfect blog post: a step-by-step guide – Read this step-by-step guide to creating the perfect blog post.
- New Search Console Updates Confirm Mobile-first Indexing – Google announced minor updates to its Search Console.
- What’s the Value of SEO? –Learn the cost of optimizing a site for search engines, the value it drives, and the impact of not doing it.
Design & Development
- Optimize Responsive Product Images with SRCSET – Did you know? A simple HTML attribute could significantly improve site performance and provide compelling images.
- 5-Step Web Design Process to Create Winning Websites – Learn the CSS Grid when building a flexible layout for a conference schedule.
- Design Your Mobile Emails To Increase On-Site Conversion – Here are some facts and tips you need to know for designing mobile-first emails.
Magento & eCommerce
- Adobe Commerce Cloud Launches Headless Offering to Serve the High Customer Experience Needs of Enterprise Customers – We must overcome four key challenges. Learn what they are.
- Braintree Integration for Progressive Web Apps with Magento Helps Merchants Quickly Expand Their Payment Experience –Progressive Web Apps give shoppers app-like, highly personalized cross-channel experiences that were once reserved for native apps.
- Strong Interest in Amazon Sales Channel Ahead of Prime Day – Amazon Sales Channel effectively removes the barriers to entry for Magento merchants trying to get a foothold on Amazon.
- 9 Ways UX Improves Rankings and Revenue – These nine factors influence user experience and organic search traffic.